Chairman - Avillion LLP
- Mr. Wiinberg has almost 20 years of senior leadership experience, most recently serving as Chief Executive Officer of H.Lundbeck A/S, a global pharmaceutical company developing and marketing treatments for psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- He previously served on the boards of several healthcare industry associations and held multiple executive roles at Wyeth, one of the world's largest research-driven pharmaceutical companies that was acquired by Pfizer in 2009.
- He served as President of Wyeth Europe, Africa and Middle East; President of Consumer Healthcare; Managing Director of Wyeth UK, and in various commercial positions.
- Mr. Wiinberg currently serves on the boards of UCB SA, a global biopharmaceutical company based in Belgium, Avillion LLP (Chairman), a London-based drug development company, Hansa Medical AB (Chairman), a Swedish biopharmaceutical company, Alfa Laval AB, a Swedish industrial company, and Nestle Health Science.
Partner - Abingworth
- Joined Abingworth in 2004 from Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) where he was a Managing Director in the European Equity Research Group based in London.
- At CSFB, responsible for coverage of the European biotechnology industry and ranked first for Pan-European Biotechnology in the Institutional Investor surveys (2001-03)
- Previously worked at CSFB’s Health Care Group in the Investment Banking Division in New York, as well as a pediatrician in Melbourne, Australia.
- Current and past directorships include Gensight, Healthcare Brands International, Novexel, Solexa, Synosia, Syntaxin and Wilson Therapeutics.
- Medical degree from the University of Liverpool (UK); PhD in clinical pharmacology from the University of Melbourne, Australia; and MBA from Harvard Business School.
- Focused on exits of Abingworth’s venture investments via M&A and IPOs, and venture investments in Europe.
Executive Vice President, Head of Research & Investments – Royalty Pharma
- Joined Royalty Pharma in July 2008 after twelve years on Wall Street as a biotechnology analyst.
- Prior to joining Royalty Pharma, Dr. Reddoch was Managing Director and Head of Healthcare Equity Research at Friedman Billings Ramsey.
- He previously worked at Bank of America and CIBC World Markets Corp (now Oppenheimer & Co).
- Dr. Reddoch holds a BA from Furman University and a PhD in biochemistry and molecular genetics from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He was a postdoctoral fellow at the Yale University School of Medicine.
Kurt C. Wheeler
Managing Director - Clarus Ventures
- Managing Director of Clarus Ventures since the firm’s inception in 2005.
- Prior to Clarus, Mr. Wheeler was a General Partner at MPM Capital, a healthcare venture capital firm.
- Over 30 years of direct investment and industry experience within the healthcare sector.
- Founder and CEO of InControl (NASDAQ:INCL), a medical device company sold to Guidant. Prior to founding InControl he was a Principal with the Mayfield Fund focused on healthcare investing. Mr. Wheeler began his career with Elli Lilly & Co.
- Holds a BA from Brigham Young University, and a MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School.
- Represents Clarus Ventures on the Board of Directors of Globus (NYSE:GMED), Flowonix, SFJ Pharmaceutical and Avillion LLP.
- Prior Investments include Hemosense (AMEX:HEM) acquired by Inverness Medical, Intrathrerapeutics acquired by Sulzer Medica, Eyetech Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:EYET), SenoRx (NASDAQ:SENO) acquired by CR Bard, Neuromed Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ZLCS), CHF Solutions acquired by Gambro, Somaxon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:SOMX) and Zogenix (NASDAQ:ZGNX).
Ted W. Love
Chief Executive Officer – Global Blood Therapeutics
- Chief Executive Officer at Global Blood Therapeutics.
- Former Executive Vice President and Head of Research & Development at Onyx Pharmaceuticals.
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors of Nuvelo Inc. (Nasdaq: NUVO), a biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing innovative drugs for acute cardiovascular and cancer therapy.
- Joined Nuvelo in 2001 as President and Chief Executive Officer and became Chairman of the Board in September 2005. Dr. Love joined Nuvelo from Theravance, Inc., where he served as Senior Vice President of Development.
- Previously, he spent six years at Genentech, Inc., where he held a number of senior management positions in medical affairs and product development, and served as chairman of Genentech's Product Development Committee. As Vice President of Product Development and Regulatory Affairs at Genentech, Dr. Love oversaw all drugs in development, including Herceptin(R), Rituxan(R), and TNKase(R).
- Serves as a member of the boards of directors of KaloBios, Oncothyreon and Amicus Therapeutics. In addition, he served for six years on the California Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee (ICOC), the 29-member board that oversees the $3 billion allocated to stem cell research authorized by Proposition 71.
- Earned his bachelor's degree in molecular biology from Haverford College, his medical degree from Yale Medical School, and competed his training in internal medicine and cardiology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.