Bond Avillion 2 Board
Dr Allison Jeynes
Chief Executive Officer
- UK MD with over 25 years of senior leadership experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Significant global drug development experience and successful EU and US drug approvals across a range of therapeutic areas.
- Leadership of global clinical development teams for Phase 3, including CRO selection and management.
- Strong networks within the pharma industry and relevant regulatory bodies.
Chief Financial Officer
- Chartered Accountant and Finance Professional with 20 + years of experience at KPMG and in the Biotech/Pharma sector.
- Business partner to global research and development supporting development, approval and launch of blockbuster products for neurology and immunology indications.
- Leadership of global functions including Portfolio Management and Integration.
Vice President Clinical Development
- 20 years in large pharma and biotech industry, holding key positions as Director of Clinical Operations.
- Dedicated to the development and execution of clinical strategies, clinical and operational implementation of a range of complex compound programmes and the governance and management of pharma and CRO partners.
- A champion of continuous process improvement putting quality at the centre of all clinical operations activities she leads.
Head of Regulatory & Quality Assurance
- US-based regulatory and quality assurance leader with nearly 25 years in global drug and biological development across a range of therapeutic areas – including oncology, infectious disease, and gastroenterology — from pre-IND to post-NDA/BLA.
- Integrated strategic regulatory experience coupled with extensive operational leadership across all drug-development domains.
- MS & MBA, US & Global RAC designations; former Board member of the American Medical Writers Association.
Senior Director, Clinical Programs
- Extensive experience in global clinical study management, with prior management positions at Amgen and Eli Lilly.
- Substantial clinical development experience with wide therapeutic expertise including oncology, endocrinology and haematology.
- PhD in Biological Sciences from the University of Bath and a BSc (1st Class) from the University of Edinburgh.
- Joined Lundbeck in June 2008, after working with the American medical corporation Wyeth/Lederle for 27 years, most recently as President of Wyeth Europe and Wyeth BioPharma.
- Presently a board member of Alfa Laval, UCB, Agenus and is the chairman for Hansa Medical.
- Advisor to Nestle Health Science.
Executive Partner - Abingworth
- Executive Partner at Abingworth LLP, a leading global life sciences venture investment firm, which has recently become part of Carlyle (NASDAG: CG)
- Joined Abingworth in 2005 having been CEO of Abingworth’s portfolio company, Astex Therapeutics
- Tim has held a number of senior management positions in the US and Europe, including CEO of both Datascope Corp and Thackray Inc and GM of Baxter UK.
- A BSc from Exeter University and an MBA from INSEAD.
- Tim is a former Director of the BIA and sat on BVCA Venture Committee and the Wellcome Trust / NHS Health Innovation Challenge Fund.
- During his time at Abingworth he has taken board roles including at Adaptate Biotherapeutics, Astex, Fovea, GammaDelta Therapeutics, MEDIAN Technologies, PowerMed, Scorpion Therapeutics, Sientra and Venatorx.
KURT C. WHEELER
Senior Managing Director - Blackstone Life Sciences
- Managing Director of Clarus Ventures since the firm’s inception in 2005 after being a General Partner at MPM Capital, a healthcare venture capital firm.
- Over 30 years of direct investment and industry experience within the healthcare sector.
- Founder and CEO of InControl, a medical device company sold to Guidant, previously he was a Principal with the Mayfield Fund focused on healthcare investing.
- BA from Brigham Young University, and a MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School.
- Represents Clarus Ventures on the Board of Directors of Globus (NYSE:GMED), Flowonix, SFJ Pharmaceutical and Avillion LLP.
- Prior Investments include Hemosense acquired by Inverness Medical, Intrathrerapeutics acquired by Sulzer Medica, Eyetech Pharmaceuticals, SenoRx acquired by CR Bard, Neuromed Pharmaceuticals, CHF Solutions acquired by Gambro, Somaxon Pharmaceuticals and Zogenix.
Chief Scientific Officer - Head of Research & Investments – Royalty Pharma
- Joined Royalty Pharma in July 2008 after twelve years on Wall Street as a biotechnology analyst.
- Prior to joining Royalty Pharma he was Managing Director and Head of Healthcare Equity Research at Friedman Billings Ramsey.
- Previously worked at Bank of America and CIBC World Markets Corp (now Oppenheimer & Co).
- Holds a BA from Furman University and a PhD in biochemistry and molecular genetics from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He was a postdoctoral fellow at the Yale University School of Medicine.
Chairman – Albireo Pharma & Chairman – IGEM therapeutics
- Over 30 years’ experience in the biotechnology industry having co-founded Cambridge Antibody Technology (CAT) in 1990, serving as CEO from 1996 to 2002.
- CEO of Kymab Ltd 2015-2018
- CEO of Nabriva Therapeutics from 2009-2012.
- Previously a Director of Arakis, Non- Executive Chairman of Sosei, Arrow Therapeutics, Daniolabs, Nabriva Therapeutics and Kymab Ltd.
- Past Chairman of the UK Bioindustry Association (BIA).
- Awarded the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2006 by Her Majesty the Queen for services to the Biotechnology Industry.
ANDERS GERSEL PEDERSEN
- Board member of Genmab A/S and Hansa Medical AB
- Deputy Chairman of Bavarian Nordic A/S
- Former Executive Vice President of Research & Development of H. Lundbeck A/S
- Anders has a wealth of business and management experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including expertise in clinical research, development, regulatory affairs and product life cycle management.
The Investors and Advisors listed above are Directors of Bond 2 Development 2 GP Ltd, the General Partner of Bond Avillion 2 Development LP, who has entered into co-development agreements with Pharma.